Balenciaga City vs Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Comparison

A chatty post for my fellow BAGLOVERS. 

Today I want to talk about another passion of mine - handbags.  

Admittedly, I do think there is a little bit of an obsession here.  There's just a certain level of excitement about getting a new handbag.  For me this includes researching about the handbag before buying it (and mind you... I do take a LONG time to decide), to checking them out at stores, and eventually making the purchase.  

I think my love for handbags definitely comes from my mom.  I still remember the first designer hand-me-down I received from her (it was a Fendi baguette....and yes I still have it).  

In the recent years I have started my collection of designer handbags.  My first love was (still love it) is Balenciaga. 

Obviously not everyone is keen on the price tags of these bags, so I thought it would be interesting to compare it to a more affordable option in a more contemporary brand.

The comparison today is on specifically the Balenciaga City and Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel because these two are the most similar in size and style, in my opinion. 

Left: Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel | Right: Balenciaga City
My Balenciaga City is in the classic style, original size and in the Anthracite color.  The Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel is in a navy color. 



SIMILARITIES:

Sizing: they are pretty much the same size and I can fit the same amount in both bags
Style: both are satchel style bags with double rolled handles and top zip; along with a detachable shoulder strap . The Regan Satchel even has the Balenciaga signature tassels! Both have a front zipped pocket.

DIFFERENCES:

Leather: the Balenciaga City that I have is made with the signature gorgeously soft distressed goatskin leather that the brand is famous for.  The Rebecca Minkoff is in a slightly pebbled leather that is a nice quality as well.  (I think it also comes in a different kind of leather)
Shoulder Strap length: the City style shown here comes with a shorter shoulder length, non-adjustable shoulder strap that only allows for wearing on your shoulder; whereas the Rebecca Minkoff comes with one that is adjustable to be worn cross-body.
Mirror: all Balenciaga motorcycle line handbags come with a mirror that the Rebecca Minkoff ones doesn't

All in all, I think if you want a more affordable option for a satchel style bag that is great for everyday use, the Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel is definitely a considerable option!



BAGS SHOWN:
Balenciaga City
Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel



Comments

  1. THANKS for the advice! But what do we do if even the rebecca minkoff is high-end for us?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts